Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Time to start my New Year's Resolutions

This summer I started several of my New Year's Resolutions. Yes, that's 6 months later than intended, but I rationalized it as being perfectly timed with the start of the fiscal year for schools. Exercise more and stretch my knowledge by listening to podcasts.

My family has a golden retriever. Summer has been the perfect time for extra long morning walks with her before everyone else is awake. Sprinkle in podcasts, and I've been able to stretch my mind, too.

My current favorite podcasts series are Read to Lead by Jeff Brown and The Accidental Creative by Todd Henry. Read to Lead podcasts are interviews with authors on topics related to business leadership and other valuable topics. They usually run 30+ minutes and offer a compelling summary of a book as well as interesting insights when Jeff interviews each author. Accidental Creative podcasts tend to run between 10 and 15 minutes and contain nuggets of wisdom drawn from Todd's own experiences, both as a creative professional and as an author (and I recommend both of Todd's books highly - The Accidental Creative and Die Empty).

For a great meeting of the minds, check out the Read to Lead podcast where Jeff interviewed Todd Henry when Die Empty was published - find the episode here.

Do you like listening to podcasts - if so, which ones do you recommend?

Are there any New Year's Resolutions you didn't get to earlier this year? Schools just started their new year on July 1st - what would it take to get started on one of your Resolutions today?

Fleisch

No comments:

Post a Comment