Tuesday, October 21, 2014

School visits bring it all to life

In the past 4 weeks I’ve had the chance to visit over 30 schools throughout California. Wish I could clone myself to see even more, and I’m committed to reaching all CalWest Association member schools that would like a visit from us.

There’s something magical about seeing a school through the eyes of its head of school, a senior administrator, or a member of the faculty. It’s abundantly clear that the people I meet love their jobs and the ability to impact others.

I’m grateful for the opportunity to see school environments first-hand. Time is the most valuable commodity a person has, even more than money. All people are given only 168 hours in a week, and time spent with me during a school visit is time not spent in the classroom, calling a prospective donor, mentoring a faculty member or another aspect of their work.

You can learn a lot about a head of school, and her/his priorities based on their office layout, the photos and artwork on the walls. I appreciate each school for what makes it a great place to learn (for students), to work (for faculty, staff and administration), and to belong (for families, alumni, and other other constituent groups). The photo above is a slogan outside a classroom at the Gateway School in Santa Cruz. The photo below is the view that Pre-K students now enjoy from a new building at St. Matthew's Episcopal School in San Mateo.

Thanks for the trust that you’ve placed in me, and in my colleagues at CalWest. We take the relationship very seriously and look forward to strengthening our connections with you in the months ahead.

Warmly,
Fleisch



2 comments:

  1. In last week I visited many schools of California State with the help of custom assignment writing service because I think that I should know the details of schools before enrolling my kid in that school.This exercise is beneficial for the life of my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisitely professional thoughts.http://awriter.org/essaysharkcom/
    I merely hit upon this web site and desired to enunciate that I've definitely delighted in reckoning your blog articles or blog posts. Rest assured I'll subsist pledging to your RSS and I wish you write-up after much more shortly

    ReplyDelete